• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arctic Titan 165 rewind unit problems

KudzuAdam

I am hoping somebody has a solution to this because I am at a loss. We got our laminator used a few months ago and the first few things we ran through did great, we had no issues whatsoever. Then about a month ago I tried to laminate something and found that the rewind unit was taking up the excess twice as fast as the lamination was being applied causing the lamination to be extremely loose. The only solution I have found is to hold on to the rewind reel to make it go slightly slower. I took off the cover and everything looks completely mechanical, just chains that move the main roller which in turn makes the rewind roller move. If anybody has a solution or if there is something I am overlooking please let me know because right now I can't laminate and I need to be able to.

WB

you can take the top cover off the rewind and loosen the clutch abit. I'm using a titan that's about 14 years old and the take up is pretty sloppy I have it set now where most of the time it does the job but every now and then I have to help it along.