• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arizona 660XT Lamp Issue

GarethRooney

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone can help with my Arizona lamp issue, the trailing lamp is reporting an error but it doesn't say what it is, when I remove and replace the lamp with an older spare it still isn't working?
The shutter seems to be stuck open and when I try to wind back it seems stiff, does this mean I need a whole new lamp assembly or can I just buy the motor (presuming it is the motor)?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
seems as you've found the problem.
You would need to call canon or your local dealer. you can buy replacement parts. usually you'd buy the assembly. unless you can track down the P/N for the stepper motor.

louie

You can remove the shutter assembly from the uv lamp housing and there you will see by rotating the shutter motor that either the shutter lamp shaft is touching the bearing plate or the plate is touching the shutter sensor. You can adjust the distance using an allen key.

There is nothing irreparable in this case. Remove the lamp and look for the problem. Usually the problems are:
1. Changed position of the shutter due to changed position of the axle.
2. Defective bearing.
3. Changed position of the middle of the three / five elements of the system for opening and closing the shutters on the motor shaft.
4. If the problem is number 3, then the photo pair almost always breaks. It can be bought from any store or from the local store.