• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ArkLaTex Floor Covering Design

JaySea20

Howdy,

I have never done much design. Ive been in production for some years now. Customer asked me to come up with something. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• Design Idea_001.jpg
    Design Idea_001.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 353

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Nice to see someone close to us on here...I'm not really a designer but I think there is too much going on with the logo. Lot of different colors and shapes to digest.

DSignKing

Howdy,

I have never done much design. I've been in production for some years now. Customer asked me to come up with something. Let me know what you guys think.

Looks good. Might be too late to put in my opinion for what its worth but there could be some cool ways to use the tiles negative space in relationship to the "F" and the "G". Sort of already doing it with them being larger. Maybe even in the center with the C. Something subtle to "Marry" them a little more together to simplify it all. Just a thought.

spooledUP7

I am a designer and I like the composition, however I am not familiar with floor covering(s) and so I cannot tell if the company's name is Ark La Tex Floor Covering, La Ark Tex Floor Covering, Ark Tex Floor Covering of LA, or just Floor Covering and the Ark, LA, and Tex are a type of floor covering code names.

Again, I like the composition. It meets two of my three fundamentals of design, Balance (met), Flow (met), and Intent (questionable). I often find myself standing too close to the design to be able to step back and find the faults and like you I often ask for opinions before submitting a design concept. I always always always put a design out of sight for at least an hour or more and then reopen it. This seems to be enough time to gain fresh eyes and be more objective about the design. If my first impression is nothing short of "Nailed It" then I readdress the design, trying to focus on the element(s) which I have reacted to.
In your case, I did read the other's comments prior to opening your file and I was expecting the logo to be missing more marks than I saw. It does have a good balance, and it flows nicely, good job! - Also, I don't think it has too much going on - This would work well on pretty much any advertising media you could think of. My only complaint is what I mentioned before. Now if the intention was to only appeal to people in the know in regards to floor covering(s) (seems like it should be plural to me) and the abbreviations mean something to floor covering geeks then you nailed it, but if you are aiming for anyone and everyone to understand what they are selling and or what their name is then you need to revisit the design.

Great job otherwise!

Edit: If the Ark La Tex is a regional thing then obviously locals would get it. I claim ignorance to geography.
Edit Edit: Duh, the title is Ark La Tex. Carry on.

Last edited: