• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ARMS sensor replacement

tiredcreations

This is actually for a Vinyl Express Q54, I picked it up used as a back up cutter knowing that the PO had problems with the ARMS. He said
it used to work for him but then quit. I've read through all the work arounds of adjusting the sense levels, going over the reg. marks with a sharpie, turning the lights out, etc. Nothing has worked, I keep getting errors, even if I try to read the marks manually. Automatic registration won't even read the first mark, where I've seen most have problems after reading the first mark.

I took it apart and cleaned the sensor lens & checked wires for nicks and cable connections. My guess is the sensor or board is bad. I can't find a price on a replacement sensor to see if it's even worth trying. Has anyone replaced the sensor? Where can you get them? If it's not economical I guess I'll look into a Summa :smile:

x2chris7x

Idk anything about replacing the sensor, but we have the same plotter... The ARMS sensor never really worked that great. We've tried all the work-arounds that you've mentioned, but the only thing that seems to work consistently for us is applying a small piece of matte laminate over the marks, or lately we've been using scotch tape. Just make sure there's some room between the mark and the edge of the lam/tape b/c it will pick-up the edge of the lam/tape instead of the mark if its too close.