• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Art being cut off in Production manager

I have included a screen shot of the issue I'm having. The art files are customer provided and formatted pretty large in a raster format. The right 3" of the art is being completely omitted. I have tried a few work arounds including lowering the resolution of the art files and art is still being chopped off.

I'd also like to note I have accepted 3 of these customer provided files and every file does the same thing.

Attachments

• pm.jpg
    pm.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 206

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Looks like the art was saved incorrectly from Illustrator....artboard is chopping it off.

bannertime

That's pretty odd. Without know how big the file is, how it was saved, and what your computer specs are; I'd say the file is too big?

I'd copy and resave the file. Maybe even drag and drop into PM instead of sending from Flexi.

We have tried a file in 1.9 mb sand a 4.9 mb file also, so they aren't super huge. Both are doing the same thing. I'm at a loss? I have tried resaving the file in alternative types from photoshop before opening in flexi and the same thing...

OADesign

We have tried a file in 1.9 mb sand a 4.9 mb file also, so they aren't super huge. Both are doing the same thing. I'm at a loss? I have tried resaving the file in alternative types from photoshop before opening in flexi and the same thing...

Have you tried loading other files, not associated with this job?
Have you tried looking at the tiling settings? Maybe something got inadvertently changed?
Another possibility: You mentioned that the file was raster? But what file type exactly? I've seen files where the image was not completely on the art board, and the areas that are off the art board are visible in the application (e.g. Illustrator), but clipped when pulled into other programs (Flexi) or the RIP.
Hope that helps.

Have you tried loading other files, not associated with this job?
Have you tried looking at the tiling settings? Maybe something got inadvertently changed?
Another possibility: You mentioned that the file was raster? But what file type exactly? I've seen files where the image was not completely on the art board, and the areas that are off the art board are visible in the application (e.g. Illustrator), but clipped when pulled into other programs (Flexi) or the RIP.
Hope that helps.

I have tried other files. Even on this same page as these files and they show up perfectly fine. However the three design they sent me all do this same thing.

bannertime

In the screenshot it looks like you're using Flexi to send the file to PM.

Have you tried opening the file up directly into PM?

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
You can also try to re-rasterize the bitmap inside of Flexi. I've had some weird stuff like this happen before.

bannertime

It actually work to open directly in PM. THANK YOU for helping me figure out a work around!!!!

Just a tip; if the file is "print ready" then you might as well just go directly into PM. No need to add extra steps by bringing it into Flexi just to send it to print. You can adjust the size in PM, if that's all that it needs.

Did you ever actually try to print the file or see how it looked after sending it into PM? Was it still cut off?