• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Artpath Gerber Problems

Prodesign

Hello ,

and Merry Xmas to all of you..

I am new at signs101 and come from germany.
So please excuse my bad english.

A have a Router (AR600) running with Artpath.
The Artpath is running on a Win2k computer (Omega composer also)

The Problem:

If i create a file (corel x4 for example) and save it as eps
.. try to open it in Artpath... nothing shows up..

If i open it in the Gerber Omega composer (same computer) everything is fine.
save it again as eps or PLT file (gerber Plot file) ...
... again it won´t open in Artpath. grrrrr

If i open it in the composer ...
add some letters..
only the add letters open in Artpath ... the rest is gone..

There were some files that opend in artpath, but mostly ( 95% ) won´t.

Maby there is someone here in the forum who knows to solve
that problem .. or has an idea whats wrong.

Again i wish U a
MERRY XMAS and a happy and successful 2018 ...

Kottwitz-Graphics

Im not in the shop, but there is a process that I go through, and the only issue that I run into is the shapes open, and I have to go through manually and close all the paths...

This is going on memory... I create in Corel, and export as an eps. I import the eps into composer, and make sure the linepath is set to black, and the width is hairline. I then make sure there is no fill. I then save as an rtp file. Open in artpath, set my toolpaths, and save before sending to the router.

I won't be in the shop until Tuesday, and I can take a couple of pictures and double check my terminology...

Eric H

Try saving to an earlier version in .eps or .ai.. Import into composer, copy and paste into artpath. Kottwitz suggestions can help. Sometimes putting a small outline on the shapes in Omega can help. Artpath can be a buggy, frustrating program to use. I've been using 20 years and still don't know why it does things sometimes especially when importing from newer programs.

packratsigns

Premium Subscriber
Did you find a solution ?

When you have the file open in Composer you can select it and copy and paste right into Artpath.
Then just do your tool path.

You can also use a dxf file.
(GSP) AutoCad Drawing Interchange File Format