• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ASI membership?

When is an ASI membership valuable?

• From day 1

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • At $50K annual sales

• At $200K annual sales

• $1 Million or more annual sales

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Never

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

binki

I went to an ASI roadshow yesterday and the product search catalog looked pretty impressive. Otherwise I couldn't get much info from the rep. from ASI.

At what point is it worth the $$$ to pay $600/year to belong to ASI?

Bigdawg

Just Me
It really depends on how much of that sort of stuff you outsource. There are other options available - for example Distributor Central - that are free or low cost. While the discounts aren't quite as deep as for ASI members, they are very reasonable. I looked at ASI very closely and talked with friends that were members. The consensus was that it pays for itself if you do a lot (and I mean a WHOLE lot) of promotional or printed items, otherwise Distributor Central seems to be the better choice.

rcook99

Is that the only cost or is there a monthly cost along with the $600. I am not a member but thought the cost was much higher than that. We don't do enough promotional products to justify the cost.

cOrKinSA

It's only as good as your marketing department. Kinda like buying a large format printer and watching it sit there.
I had Sage and pretty much have used it enough to assemble suppliers I constantly use over and over.
It is great incase a client ask for something new like lets say printed waterproof floormats. You simply just locate a supplier through them and open up an account with the manufacturer.

cOrKinSA

Is that the only cost or is there a monthly cost along with the $600. I am not a member but thought the cost was much higher than that. We don't do enough promotional products to justify the cost.
If it's anything like Sage, you can add on certain features like a POS website and a custom catalog from various suppliers they think you might be interested in.

binki

I couldn't find anything on their website that indicates more cost but I am sure there are other value-add items.