• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

asking for your $.02 on this one

petepaz

working on a job for a customer and part of it they want some LED lettering installed on the building. i don't do electrical but they said they would have their electrician hook it up.
just looking for recommendations on what to use? i normally get my lettering like this from GEMINI and they do offer a few styles of light up lettering so i can just go there but wanted to do a little research here first.

Attachments

• sweat logo.pdf
    637.6 KB · Views: 220

petepaz

the light up part is new to me and they really don't have a preference they just want it to pop/stand out. that's the other reason i'm looking for advice.
i think the halo would be a good effect but would the regular backlit/channel lettering be easier to read at night?

reQ

i think the halo would be a good effect but would the regular backlit/channel lettering be easier to read at night?

Regular front-lit letters are always easiest to read. Some people combine front-lit + halo.

ams

working on a job for a customer and part of it they want some LED lettering installed on the building. i don't do electrical but they said they would have their electrician hook it up.
just looking for recommendations on what to use? i normally get my lettering like this from GEMINI and they do offer a few styles of light up lettering so i can just go there but wanted to do a little research here first.

I am very experienced with several different types of LED channel letters with several companies. I quit using Gemini over two years ago after many issues with the quality of their work and their prices. I use Direct Sign Wholesale, they have a faster turn around, same high quality every time, about 30% less than Gemini and stand behind their products. One time a power supply was faulty which they charge $25 for the power supplies and gave me a $40 credit no hassles.

But back to your question. Gemini's backlit letters are dim, their front-lit ones are okay. The back-lit does stand out more and catches your eye, however if there are multiple color letters or it's with a full color logo, go with front-lit. You can also do an edge lit and back-lit combo.

If you need more advice about LED signs, let me know.