• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attaching ACM to Metal Fence

Kyle H

Our customer wants to hang some 3mm ACM sign panels along this short metal fence (see image). Each section of the fence is about 56"w x 30"h. What would be the best way to go about this? I thought about metal straps but maybe someone has a better suggestion.

Attachments

• 20200122_081816.jpg
    20200122_081816.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 269

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sandwich the fence between the sign and a runner of whatever and secure it with fender washers.

There are a myriad of brackets and things to use for this, but the fender washer/runner is the easiest and fastest. You do realize, you'll most likely need a second person ??

Kyle H

Sandwich the fence between the sign and a runner of whatever and secure it with fender washers.

There are a myriad of brackets and things to use for this, but the fender washer/runner is the easiest and fastest. You do realize, you'll most likely need a second person ??
Oh yeah, already counting on a 2-man install. Any suggestions on types of runners, material, where to buy, etc.? I'm fairly new to this type of sign installation, my specialty is vinyl installs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Runners can be wood, metal, aluminum, tube..... can all be purchased at Home Depot and the likes. Sign supply houses have all kindsa brackets, too.

visual800

if it temporary we use fence wire from home depot, if permanent we back it with smaller piece of material and handware

rjssigns

If permanent 1/8" x 1 flat bar top and bottom. Through bolts with fender washers on panel side painted to match. Gotta make sure you are meeting the minimum wind load spec for your area too. Don't want to get a call after a storm saying your signs went "air freight".

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If permanent 1/8" x 1 flat bar top and bottom. Through bolts with fender washers on panel side painted to match. Gotta make sure you are meeting the minimum wind load spec for your area too. Don't want to get a call after a storm saying your signs went "air freight".

Yeah, or decapitating someone or going through someone's windshield. That would just be yucky.