• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Attaching small sign to cinder block wall

I have a small 16" x 30" 3mm acm sign to install on the back of a building that is a cinder block wall. What is everyone's preferred fastener? Tapcon? Toggle? Anchor? Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully, my answer won't hurt anyone's feelings, but the condition of the wall will dictate what method you use in most cases. All of those will ideas will work. Find the right conclusion and stick to it.

Billct2

Depends on appearance desired. Tapcons are fine or a more finished appearance use anchors and SS round heads or touch them up.

DoubleDiamond

E6100 industrial adhesive... or E6000 available in small tubes at craft stores. I prefer tapcons though. Both should work.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
My clients (and myself) usually hate exposed attachments. I would mechanically attach a backer (full size or undersized) to the wall, then VHB/adhesive the sign to the backer.

Marlene

Is it a "pretty" sign like a business name/logo or is it a "No dumping here" type sign? If pretty, I'd do a blind mount and wouldn't have done a flat panel but an aluminum pan. For a not so pretty, thru the face OK.

petepaz

concrete screws and washers but i will usually hit the heads and the washers with some white spray paint to help match the sign so you don't have blue dots standing out