• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Aurora Graphics blues print purple

IsItFasst

I know most will say this is an icc profile problem but I have my profile set what I feel is perfect for everything except the fill images I use from Aurora. While they are kind of a "royal" blue that has a slight tint of purple to them, when printing, they come out straight purple with only a hint of blue. My profile is set up where other blue images print blue just fine. Vector colors are spot on. But those files just don't print right. I have found if I change the color input profile to "Generic LCD Monitor" they at least print blue but then I loose that slight purple tint that should be there. I've even tried to store that as the profile for the bitmap (in Design Central box) but the production manager seems to ignore it. So anyone know what is up with why one companies images print purple over blue?

Patentagosse

Why don't you just contact Grant Dorsey ( grant@auroragraphics.net ) since he prints from a Roland printer and probably have the knowledge to guide you to get expected result. He's been great to me when I hit the wall. I use Flexi and a VS-540 and my blue print just fine. If I send my file at my friend's shop to have it print quickly on his HP Latex, it prints way too purple for my tastes. 'Matter of profiling I guess...

Attachments

• Inter 2007 018 (Medium).JPG
    Inter 2007 018 (Medium).JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 129
  • P1010003w (Medium).JPG
    P1010003w (Medium).JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Beigne_WIP (Medium).jpg
    Beigne_WIP (Medium).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 107

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Those Aurora files are probably RGB.....I have found RGB blues tend to translate to more of a purple. Convert to CMYK and adjust accordingly.

Patentagosse

I'm more concerned of my grays to print greenish... 'had to made a sh*tload of profile testing under mid-day sun to find what's will do it fine.

Under neon lights in my print room, he must appears a li'l pinkish to turn out just perfect outside. If it's perfect inside, it's greenish in the parking lot.

IsItFasst

Those Aurora files are probably RGB.....I have found RGB blues tend to translate to more of a purple. Convert to CMYK and adjust accordingly.
Well I tried converting over to CMYK and it made it WAY worse. It turned completely purple and looks all "washed out". Was hoping it would be a simple fix.

IsItFasst

I'm more concerned of my grays to print greenish... 'had to made a sh*tload of profile testing under mid-day sun to find what's will do it fine.

Under neon lights in my print room, he must appears a li'l pinkish to turn out just perfect outside. If it's perfect inside, it's greenish in the parking lot.
Been there. That is why I am so frustrated. I got everything else printing perfectly finally. But just these blue fills from Aurora are still driving me nuts. Don't want to screw up my entire profile just to print these. I guess I'll try and contact Grant to see what he says.