Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Art Contest

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by wildside, Jun 14, 2012.

1. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    Just got the new sign and digital graphics magazine. Apparently the contest came and went without us even noticing a call for entries, but anyway...

i am absolutely amazed at what is winning awards again this year, 1st place in the sign shop vehicle category has the lettering running uphill , and pretty sure it wasn't on purpose. In fact, most of the sign shop vehicles category are near impossible to read what the heck they even do...

i think we need to track down these judges and smack em up side the head with a :corndog:

k, rant over.......

Tags:
  2. Wes Phifer

Wes Phifer Member

Oct 31, 2009
    With a corndog?? LOL.

3. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    it is the only smilie that could be used as a weapon.....:covereyes:

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    well, if its empty, you could use a :bushmill:

5. Wes Phifer

Wes Phifer Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Good one!

6. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Yup some of the winners in some of these contests are at best dubious at worst just plain butt ugly. What ever happened to clean and classic?
    Love....Jill

7. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Can't wait to see.

I'd like to show a picture of a sign shop here that is a prime example.. at least it sorta makes sense.

This just for a bit of egad why I dislike shops with no education besides punching buttons.

The 1st picture (blurred) is what you see a block or so away in real, the other is what it is about 100 ft away h both taken a same position about.

Attached Files: