• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Auto serial number generator software?

ast

hi!

need your help, is there a software that can automatically put serial numbers, lets say 0001-1000 , on an image (jpg or tiff, vector), so that we can output on our large-format printer? just like printing tickets or labels.

TIA!!

ast

iSign

Omega can do that, although I think you would be best off leaving the image out at the time you create the sequential numbering.

If you create a vector contour that matches the outside parameters of your image, possibly the cut line even, you will be able to make quick work of the numbering process in Omega, by designating the size, font, and placement, as well as start number & the increments to increase each item by. You should also set the overall nesting plan of 10 rows of 10, with 1/4" between or whatever... & Omega can generate the resulting layout. This layout can then be exported as an .eps or .ai file & merged with your image in another program, prior to printing.

Omega could do this with the image file included, but the increased file size may slow it down, and the export capability may not be as seamless, although that's just a guess.

Pat Whatley

I'm sure it can but don't ask me how. We used to routinely do parking decals that were individually numbered through Flexisign but it's been several years since we've had a printer in-house.

cgsigns_jamie

These should help...

Attachments

• TFTW - Auto Serialize Part I.pdf
    256.8 KB · Views: 177
  • TFTW - Auto Serialize Part II.pdf
    278.8 KB · Views: 133

Techman

corel draw can do it,, and there is a free plug in for corel draw around,, fergot what its called..