• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Autobody

Marco

Need help with this one. New autobody shop. I would like to do something bit fancier than the typical as shown here. Requesting design assistance/ direction/ ideas. Best Regards and Merry Christmas all.

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 376

visual800

you are going to get several opinions on this. The name is what threw me off, it sounds like something you would name a car detailing company. I think AUTOBODY is more important than Magic Touch

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 334

Marco

We always run into this issue. I agree, Autobody is boss. Font issues... I have font issues, cant seem to find one that fits this logo, any ideas??? Help.

Marlene

We always run into this issue. I agree, Autobody is boss. Font issues... I have font issues, cant seem to find one that fits this logo, any ideas??? Help.

the bold serfi type font visual used in his mock looks good for autobody and I like that he used lower case to make it look different from the all upper case. I'd get rid of the outline as it clutters it up. I like you hint of a car like the one in your idea rather than an actual car. no need to have a graphic in every logo. try a few bold fonts for the autobody and maybe even another one for magic touch.

also wht really helps is going to wordmark.it - helps you choose fonts! and enter the word autobody and click on upload your fonts so you can see it in different fonts that you have

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Everyone is alive and well, they probably just have paying jobs to work on.....

Not me. :rock-n-roll:

POLO​

I'm just waiting to see what the OP has already tried and found fault with at this point. Having one drawing, which is pretty bad, is not enough to ask for this kinda help and expect people to come running. For me personally, I'd like to see some effort on someone's part before they throw their arms up in failure. You're not a failure, until you give up without trying.

laserman70

2 minute mock up..

Probably not what your looking for, but may trigger some ideas..

Attachments

• magictough.jpg
    magictough.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 372

ExecuPrintGS

Only advice i have is that i'm sick to death of every auto body place having the car silhouette like that. We have 4 customers that all basically have the same logo with a different name (we didn't create any of the logos) and its insane.
Try something different.

Marlene

Only advice i have is that i'm sick to death of every auto body place having the car silhouette like that. We have 4 customers that all basically have the same logo with a different name (we didn't create any of the logos) and its insane.
Try something different.

agree! I was trying to be nice by saying it was better than a car as I am sick to death of seeing every autobody place with one on the sign. it really doesn't need a graphic. people use graphics as a crutch as they can't convey a message with type. also the spray paint image has been done to death.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, just like every Nail Salon has hands on it, Chinese Restaurants have Chinese on them, Pizza Shops have a fat cook with a mustache...... but most of all, sign shops have paint brushes and a mahl stick on them. Who uses that old stuff anymore, except in rare instances ?? Just look at the top of this page on the left. Can anyone identify all of them ?? Now, you know if you do.... everyone else will say, yeah, I knew that, but they don't, however they still use it on their shop shingle.

Marlene

Yeah, just like every Nail Salon has hands on it, Chinese Restaurants have Chinese on them, Pizza Shops have a fat cook with a mustache...... but most of all, sign shops have paint brushes and a mahl stick on them. Who uses that old stuff anymore, except in rare instances ?? Just look at the top of this page on the left. Can anyone identify all of them ?? Now, you know if you do.... everyone else will say, yeah, I knew that, but they don't, however they still use it on their shop shingle.

ypu forgot my all time favorite, the lady with the flowing hair on a salon. it's time to retire these old and worn out graphics and I don't mean replace them with freaking diamond plate and a swoosh ;)

It could be worse. There's a place near us called Body Magic Body Shop. But the way the lettering and car graphic is placed on the sign, it reads Body Body Magic Shop.

OldPaint

WELLLLLLLLLLLL..........SINCE I BEEN BROUGHT INTO THIS.......
to the OP ...........YOUR 1ST ATTEMPT ............SUCKS!!!!!!! on so many levels it pathetic!!!!!
this is the perfecrt example of someone in the "business" with ZERO ART ABILITY!!!!
WHO told you you could use all of the ways to skew a 3-4 words in different directions........AND THAT WOULD MAKE A GOOD SIGN????
only thing i WILL TELL YA.......
1. its an AUTOBODY place of business..................make that IMPORTANT. it is one of the 3 reason people want a sign. 1st to tell the world what they do. 2ndly the name of their business, & 3rd........how to get in touch with that business.
NOW....since you cant design, and hope throwing some quirks at the text...........is going to get you something........IT AINT!!!!!
MAGIC TOUCH, AUTOBODY can be a lot of ways of showing this with all kind of graphics........TEXT NEEDS TO BE READABLE.......remember that......
now iam not doing your sign for you but......GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND....... did ya try MAGIC TOUCH???? THEN IMAGES??? WOW........ so many i dont have time.......
NOW GOOGLE AUTOBODY.. IMAGES........WOW iam sure even you can find something there and take one from each..... THAT YOU THINK WILL SERVE YOU ......and your client))))
autobody - Google Search
here is one i did in 1992....with paint and brushes...4' X 8'......went on front of shop.......

Attachments

• 4x8 autobody.jpg
    4x8 autobody.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:

visual800

I will agree the car on the body shop, the scissor son the hair salon are getting old!...the reason i threw that in there is because OP already had one in his just trying to show placement............ and please lets not forget the radio shops wanting the Lamborghini.

i am an old school. I am not impressed with all the waves and arches used on logos today, a little might be fine but come on folks lets just calm down.

sardocs

"to the OP ...........YOUR 1ST ATTEMPT ............SUCKS!!!!!!! on so many levels it pathetic!!!!!
this is the perfecrt example of someone in the "business" with ZERO ART ABILITY!!!!"

This type of attack on someones design skills is uncalled for. Especially when the sign pic you include contains no example of superior skills.

OldPaint

touched a nerve??? TO BAD............ i stand by my statement. as for MY SIGN I POSTED........ was to show that SIMPLICITY...... is what i did.....nothing fancy or twisted text........PLAIN, SIMPLE, CLEAN & DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF IT..... the client loved it , i got paid, the sign DID ITS JOB......and was done with paint and a brush...........lasted i know a good 7-8 YEARS))))
heres another i did all paint brushes........AGAIN SIMPLE TO THE POINT......... but this was all cut out letters set on standoffs from the main board. the shadow is because of it being almost 2" from the main 4 x 8)))))in 1988)))))

Attachments

• IMG_20161220_0002.jpg
    IMG_20161220_0002.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 308

sardocs

Old Paint, it's not that you "touched a nerve". Marco asked for some constructive criticism on his layout. He is aware it needs some tweeking. That is why he posted in the first place. You come on and offer nothing but personal attacks. I guess you feel big when you kick kittens. Nothing you have ever posted shows any advanced skills or even basic layout knowledge. You come across as a bitter old man who never rose beyond a mediocre signhack. I guess if you keep telling yourself you have enormous talent you might one day actually believe it.