• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AutoTrace a logo outline help.

I need some help. I have a tiff graphic that I need to cut after I laminate it. I cant figure out how to get my registration box around it. I only need the outline to cut but all I seem to be able to do is cut the entire logo.

How do I cut only do an outline around the logo and not just every detail of the logo ?

J Hill Designs

easiest way I can think of: pop it into photoshop, magic wand the outside whitespace, make new working path from selection, save path to eps

I do know there is a way after the image leaves Photoshop. I just cant figure it out. I watched a designer do it in flexi but never got his name or number.

Im going to start video taping any lessons I get from now on. :Big Laugh

mark-s

I vector the image, delete image and any parts not the outline,
save as, bring back in to Flexi, contour outline.

mark-s

John in Cali

I use the "make transparent" function under the bitmap menu to remove the background, then "contour cut" under effects. Works well for me.

my only problem is that it traces everything inside the logo also. I just want it to trace/cut the outline.

** Im using a Mutoh printer and a Mutoh plotter so I need Registration marks. The registration box flexi puts around the graphic is what Im looking for.

Billct2

There are many ways to do it, and it depends on the artwork you're starting with.
Sometimes the quickest thing is to just hand cut it.

I still dont know how Im ever going to line my print up to the plotter to get them to jive and cut along the outline. no registration marks/box ??

By the way, AWESOME video. thanks alot. everything you showed me worked great.

Im using a Mutoh VJ-1324 54" printer and a Mutoh Kona plotter.

I have contour cut printed letters straight from flexi before and it put a registration box around everything that I needed it to contour cut.
Im not seeing that this time around.

Thanks for all the help today. Headed home now.