• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery 900 Pantones one-sided?

GP

Just an FYI - the backs are white.

I will go back to my rock under which I live...

mylifeisajoke

ran into this problem recently

i can speak from recent experience that it is indeed white and made my installation much more difficult.
Is there a way to get both sides the same color for my future orders?

Also if anyone knows of a thread that goes into detail the best way to install 900 series on windows and vehicles? I'm assuming it must always be installed wet, but id love to hear from some people that have it nailed down.

Thanks,
Vinyl Richie

the graphics co

they aren't all white, if you have a fellers catalog handy they list which have pigmented adhesive (white) and the rest are standard clear adhesive.

gabagoo

The white is there for a good reason.... ordered some lime green cast vinyl that was lime green both sides and when installed on darker colours they get darker and lose the rich brilliance of the original colour. I suppose if your selling something that is "Pantone match" you might need white on the back of lighter colours to keep the colour true.

Biker Scout

If you had an Avery swatch book, you could have lifted up the strips and looked at the back to see for yourself. Not all of them are white on the back. Perhaps your color would have been able to been "close enough" with another manufacturer's color.

The Avery cast vinyls are really thin, almost translucent. The white is there to keep the color even on a dark surface. My logo's PMS color is 375, which Avery happens to carry. I do not like using Avery, but since they have "My Color" I've had no choice. I've wrapped nearly all the equipment in our shop, and had spray paint custom matched for things that couldn't be wrapped. I have wrapped Red and Blue welders (from you know who brands) with my Green, and you can't even tell there may have been another color underneath. It's because of the whiteout backside to the vinyl. Yeah, it sucks on things where I would have like to have a reverse mount, but there's always paint and/or double sided mounting adhesive.

fresh

The white is there for a good reason.... ordered some lime green cast vinyl that was lime green both sides and when installed on darker colours they get darker and lose the rich brilliance of the original colour. I suppose if your selling something that is "Pantone match" you might need white on the back of lighter colours to keep the colour true.

:goodpost: