• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery or 3M Cast Print Settings

Kwiksigns

wookie
I have a 360. I have been using a profile for the 1005 for a while. With the new firmware I am afraid to keep using it. I looked at the new profile for the 1105 from HP and it was 12 or 14 pass and alot of ink. I was printing 8 pass @ 100% ink and it has been awesome.

So my question is... Are most of you using the stock profiles or making new ones right off the bat?
And... What pass / ink settings are you at?

Thanks

Morkel

We print a lot of the Avery 1105 on our 360 and are extremely happy with it. We run the material using the settings for just a generic SAV:

10 pass CMYKcm 110% ink
105 degrees (c)
12% optimiser / 35 vacuum / 175 airflow / 15 tension (most of these would be the default).

Because of previous issues with colour consistency between media presets, we've avoided having heaps of different presets for, say, cheap mono, cal, wrap cast etc, and have them all running through a one-preset-fits-all profile. So long as we calibrate it with the same original media each time (in this case a blockout cal), we don't have any issues.

WrapGuy10

We're printing 1105 with the 1105 icc. It is set at 16 pass. Quality is great and colors look good. Should I adjust passes? Is 16 too much for a quality wrap? Thanks!