Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avery Rich Black Print Issue

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Signature Sign Guys, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Signature Sign Guys

Signature Sign Guys Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Kamloops BC
    Hey All,

so I keep running into this issue when I print on our Avery MPI 1105SC material with a rich black. It seems as if the ink smears when it goes around the take up roll but only when I print rich black. every other colour I print is fine. I have been using the corresponding print profile and I even turned the drying heat up and still no success. does any one have any suggestions what my issue is?

Tags:
  2. a77

a77 Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Canada
    You're on the right track... it's just not drying before it hits the takeup.
    If heat doesn't do it... then you need to slow it down, or just change the cmyk mix so it lays down less ink.
    Best solution would be to make your own profile.. looks like the profile you're using is just to heavy on the ink limits.

Oh... and you could try blowing a fan on the print as it comes out to make it dry a bit faster before it rolls up onto the takeup.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Signature Sign Guys

Signature Sign Guys Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Kamloops BC
    I will see if I can slow it down and reduce the cmyk values. The Profile used is the avery profile as well so I never thought to much about it.

4. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    you can also try adding an inter pass delay to add a bit of extra dwell time in the heaters