• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

avery supercast

kustomguy

Hi everyone.
I am printing a wrap on Avery Supercast EZRS. It was coming along great. When the roll I was using ran out is setup a brand new out of the box roll and continued to print only to find that I had nasty verticle banding forming. I began the process of trouble shooting my machine, settings, files and rips thinking something went haywire. After a few hours I loaded my machine with a scrap from the previous roll and the results were beautiful again. Obviously, I have a bad roll of Supercast. Has anyone else ever had something like this happen? I am curious? Thanks

RobbyMac

We use alot of it for our wraps. Great stuff... Havent noticed any real problems with this new 1005 Easy Apply RS part # (They seem to change it alot).

Run on a vutek 2360 and jv3 and havent noticed problems like you are describing. There was a period around 2008-2009 where it seemd like just about every 1 out of 4 rolls was scratched and useless for printing on. I remember one time trying to get a hauler done, I loaded 4 100 yard rolls before i got one that wasn't scratched up...
Whatever they did in quality control made a big difference for us at least.

Now I have had one really odd experience where the roll printed pink. Damndest thing I ever saw, but I began a print and compared it to a previous proof only to discover a pinkish tint to the entire print. Like you, I began going through all the machine settings, rip, etc trying to figure out just what was going on... For fear of wasting anymore material, I loaded in some crap material to continue testing, and when i did, my print was back to normal.

phototec

Static?

Not sure what could be causing your problem, but I think I remember reading a post about "static" causing similar printing problems a while back.

I believe when it's cold and dry, a static charge is more likely to occur, and maybe as you removed the new roll of media from the plastic covering, it built up a static charge, and the static on the media causes the ink to deflect during printing, causing the banding effects.

Again, I not sure about this, however I remember reading something about static and a similar printing scenario, try searching.

GZ SIGN DESIGNS

We use Avery for all our wraps .On new roll you my need to unspool a few feet at a time .The weight of the new roll sometimes puts stain on the motor feeding the material in and may cause some slight banding..Otherwise have had no printing issues with this material.

Last edited:

formanek

I use Avery a lot too. I found that no matter what film I use I run enough out to attach a lead piece to it and to the take up real to keep tension on it all the time. That has also helped with head strikes.

formanek

Not sure what could be causing your problem, but I think I remember reading a post about "static" causing similar printing problems a while back.

I believe when it's cold and dry, a static charge is more likely to occur, and maybe as you removed the new roll of media from the plastic covering, it built up a static charge, and the static on the media causes the ink to deflect during printing, causing the banding effects.

Again, I not sure about this, however I remember reading something about static and a similar printing scenario, try searching.

I take care of the static by placing a damp cloth on the roll edge and tape it to the holder so it just barely touches the edge of the vinyl before it gets to the heater. Seems to work well. The other thing you could do is place a chain or something steel touching the base of your printer (steel) to the floor in your shop. That will ground the machine and get the static to the ground.