• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery wouldn't do it so I did

C

ColoPrinthead

a couple of years ago my coworker suggested Avery that they make touch up markers for their TrafficJet spot colors and received a response more or less saying that they are in the business of selling sheeting. I've been breaking my used cartridges and doing touch up with a swab, but leveled up today!
View media item 9492

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePro

niiiiiiice! did you just take ink colors straight from cartridges or make multiple pens with measured-out CMYK values for your spot colors?

C

ColoPrinthead

These are spot color inks that Avery makes for the traffic jets, so they were from my used cartridges - a lot easier than trying to mix.

C

ColoPrinthead

No they are pretty tough and stand up to mineral spirits etc. The ink takes a while to dry so if the prints hit my take up's dancer bar it the print will stick to it and sometimes remove the ink. I also get debris on the media occasionally, that when removes leaves a blank spot. I also use cleaning solution to remove head strikes, and sometimes have to fill back in parts of the print that were removed by proximity to the strike.