• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Wrap Class

JMPrinting

Is the class worth the $800? It's cool you get some tools and 25yds of vinyl. I am wondering if it's worth the cost to a beginner like myself or if I should buy material and practice? Has anyone taken the class? I need more experience

ExecuPrintGS

worth it and more. I went in as an experienced installer and still picked some things up. Justin's guidance is great and if you are a beginner you will learn a ton.

DaveD

Without a doubt it is worth it. I send any new employee I bring on that shows potential. If you have one in your area and don't have to pay for travel and a room, even better.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
With out a doubt.

It will help you avoid bad habits and save you time and money in the long run, because Justin or John will teach you the proper techniques and thought processes. You can also spend another $100 dollars and sign up for Justin's videos so you can learn even more at your own pace.

You won't regret it.

AKwrapguy

My co-worker took the class and is Avery Cert.(I'm 3M cert) from what he tells me yes it is. It's great from the beginner to the expert.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
2 guys from our shop went (including myself) as already "experienced" installers. Wow, you think you know your stuff. Great class, you'll learn no matter your amount of experience. I wouldn't hesitate, go for it. Plus a roll of wrap!

CL Visual

It's a no brainer. The class is essentially free after tools and roll you get. Why not take the opportunity to learn from one of the best in the world. We host the Avery class for NY 3 times a year. I took the beginner class many years ago and then the advance class and certification about 2 years ago. I felt like I was lightyears ahead of most people in the advanced class but the couple little tricks I learned was worth the price of admission in itself.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I've gone twice and taken the certification class just for the title. It's amazing how things are changing all the time in this industry. Justin is always learning new tricks and tips from other installers and incorporating them into his class. You also receive a 1 year membership to the wrap institute and there are new videos uploaded almost every day, so you're always engaged in what's going on in the wrap world or learning something new.

I love is "common sense" approach to teaching too. Some guys are all about selling the products. His approach is about making money and saving time.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
My wife went to the color change class with Justin, it helped her tremendously. That being said the color change class is an advanced class and Avery recommends beginners take the print wrap class before the color change. My wife said there were a few people that had never wrapped that attended and Justin was constantly frustrated with them not knowing even the basics.
And if you have never taken a class from Justin. I hope you don't get offended by the word fu*k. That is one of his favorite adjectives to use in a sentence.

In our shop we don't use everything he teaches but it is well worth the money. On a side note, Avery certification is also the hardest in the industry. IMO

ExecuPrintGS

And if you have never taken a class from Justin. I hope you don't get offended by the word fu*k. That is one of his favorite adjectives to use in a sentence.
Before taking the class i had only met and talked to him at trade show and other industry events, the first time he said it while in the class we all relaxed a little. He is just an average guy who is passionate about wrapping and making money. Very down to earth.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Really? Have you gone through Lowen, 3M, Oracal, or any of the other cert programs? Just curious.
3M was easier. I have not attended anything from Orafol or Lowen so I cannot say.
The hardest part of the test for everyone was the cut test. Layer up 2 color change films on top of each other on a sheet of glass. Then cut 5 straight and 5 s cuts just through the top layer. If you cut through the bottom layer ANYWHERE you fail.

For what it’s worth, I think the 3m is the hardest of the certifications. I have taken most all of them. I am 3m preferred, 3m dinoc certified, Lowen certified, Avery certified, wrapify certified, and oracal certified. The Oracal is new, and I was in the first class. I know they are planning a second one coming up in California if anyone is interested. Only a couple others left, and I hope to have them all this year

AKwrapguy

3M was easier. I have not attended anything from Orafol or Lowen so I cannot say.
The hardest part of the test for everyone was the cut test. Layer up 2 color change films on top of each other on a sheet of glass. Then cut 5 straight and 5 s cuts just through the top layer. If you cut through the bottom layer ANYWHERE you fail.

At Lowen, you had to cut through the material onto masking tape.

AKwrapguy

For what it’s worth, I think the 3m is the hardest of the certifications. I have taken most all of them. I am 3m preferred, 3m dinoc certified, Lowen certified, Avery certified, wrapify certified, and oracal certified. The Oracal is new, and I was in the first class. I know they are planning a second one coming up in California if anyone is interested. Only a couple others left, and I hope to have them all this year

I was the Di-Noc class? Was it worth it? Do you do a lot of Di-Noc in North Carolina? It's been something that I would like look into but there doesn't seem to be a big demand up here.

It wasn’t bad. They have two different versions/classes. In the end it accomplishes the same thing, but one is less days. You have to be 3m preferred to take the shorter one, and they just skip the more basic stuff. We don’t do a whole lot of it, but a decent amount for it being a product that almost everyone has never heard of. It has a steep price point, so that deters many people. We do more of the LG or Belbein architectural products as the price point seems to be in more peoples budget. We have some good size jobs we are bidding right now for entire apartment/condo complexes that we will see how they turn out.

fatwrapper

I'd use knifeless if I need to just cut the top piece off... correct me if I'm wrong...