• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Avery Wrap Overlaminate?

2B

Looking to change our current wrap films to a more install friendly option ( less tack than the 3751 RA)
  • Avery 1105EZRS
  • Arlon SLX are the top on the list.
Any input from current users?

Also while researching the options, one of the points that none of suppliers can answer is why the matching Avery Overlaminate have such a drastically reduced life.
Avery Dennison DOL 1360Z/1370Z/1380Z 1.3 Mil 4yr | FELLERS

Last edited:

mpn

We use Avery here. One truck we had wrapped for 3+ years and did not take care of it outside of normal washes and it held up fine. It spent a lot of time in the desert and was never parked inside. Just pulled it off last month and it removed cleanly.

2B

so when the end user / customers ask about life expectancy, how do you reply when the print media has a longer life and other brands all have a 2x life expectancy?

mpn

I've always told them around 2 years give or take depending on care for wraps even if they'll make it longer. We have a sample panel in our shop yard with different material and dates of install marked on them, 3m and Avery. All of them show signs of fading (print) and the failure point has been 3 years for the 3m also. The 3M (180c wrap combo) cracked and started to burn at almost exactly 3 years. We show them this when discussing possible issues / longevity.

Edit: We also do not do a lot of wraps.

AKwrapguy

Looking to change our current wrap films to a more install friendly option ( less tack than the 3751 RA)
  • Avery 1105EZRS
  • Arlon SLX are the top on the list.
Any input from current users?

one of the point that non of suppliers can answer is why the matching Avery Overlaminate have such a drastically reduced life.
Avery Dennison DOL 1360Z/1370Z/1380Z 1.3 Mil 4yr | FELLERS

I tried Arlon wrap material a few years ago, was not that impressed. But again that was a few years ago.

SA68

Go fast, turn left.
I prefer Avery and have used it for wrapping for the last 8 years. Most of the failure I see comes from the customer not taking care of it.

Bly

If you need longer life, look at the 1060, 70 , 80 series or better yet 6460. 6460 is a polyurethane lam and is really good.

We always use the 6460 unless they want matte.
Avery are giving 5 year vertical/3 year horizontal warranty here (zone 2) for what that's worth on the 6460.
You have to be careful what you clean it with is the only thing.

2B

We always use the 6460 unless they want matte.
Avery are giving 5 year vertical/3 year horizontal warranty here (zone 2) for what that's worth on the 6460.
You have to be careful what you clean it with is the only thing.
Careful cleaning?

As in what is used or how it is done?

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk