• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Wrap School

jkdbjj

Going to Mutoh/Avery Wrap class 22, 23 & 24th October. Anyone else going?

I've only messed around with installations, and generally just bring in a contractor to install. However, I am starting to enjoy doing it myself. So, this guy Justin Pate is teaching the class, seems like it will be some good learning.

jkdbjj

You going to the one in Sherman/Denison class in Texas?

If you are, I will see you there...
Yes, it was a last minute booking. I had left Avery a message if anyone cancelled to let me know. So she called yesterday. So now I am scrambling to find an economical way to pay for the trip. Best I've found so far is 600 for hotel and flight and rental car out of Charlotte to Texas. Seems reasonable enough, but I am going to try the name your own price thing before I settle on that.
I am going to do the cert test and design class at the end as well. All for 799 seemed like a decent deal.

Where are you staying or are you from the area?

VTSigns

I took the class earlier this year. It is well worth the money. You really learn some good technique and Justin has a great teaching style. The class is what you make of it. You need to be assertive and practice as much as possible. Don't sit back and be shy about doing what he asks. You get a half roll of vinyl and lam with a bunch of tools as well. The cost of these items just about covers what you pay for the class. You should have taken the class I took in Greenville SC. It's was just about an hour from you.

4R Graphics

Never took the class but after a few years of wrapping cars I bought Justin Pates DVD set and i have to say i picked up a few tricks.

You should learn alot if your new to doing the wraps yourself.

I am sure like most classes there is just not enough time so I would advise that you buy his DVDs I am sure you will get them discounted at the class.

I paid $120 or so and I have to say that I learned a few things but more importantly My new hires can watch them and make the learnig curve much shorter.

rdmdarr

Yes, it was a last minute booking. I had left Avery a message if anyone cancelled to let me know. So she called yesterday. So now I am scrambling to find an economical way to pay for the trip. Best I've found so far is 600 for hotel and flight and rental car out of Charlotte to Texas. Seems reasonable enough, but I am going to try the name your own price thing before I settle on that.
I am going to do the cert test and design class at the end as well. All for 799 seemed like a decent deal.

Where are you staying or are you from the area?

I live and work about 40 minutes from there. We have always just done cut vinyl and now we are trying to get into the business. We have been looking for different classes from Houston, Dallas, Baton Rouge, and even San Diego.

I was like you though, they had us on the waiting list and they called us about 2 weeks ago. We are just doing the the 2 1/2 day with no cert test. We have never wrapped anything so this is just the first step in learning the wrap business.

Anybody coming with you? Always nice to meet other sign101er's. I never post, but just an observer, of course it feels like I know everybody here.....

See ya in about 10 days.

jkdbjj

Never took the class but after a few years of wrapping cars I bought Justin Pates DVD set and i have to say i picked up a few tricks.

You should learn alot if your new to doing the wraps yourself.

I am sure like most classes there is just not enough time so I would advise that you buy his DVDs I am sure you will get them discounted at the class.

I paid $120 or so and I have to say that I learned a few things but more importantly My new hires can watch them and make the learnig curve much shorter.
I did buy his DVD's when I learned the class was full until next year. So, I did find them great DVD's because he is my style of instructor. Hell is lives in Amsterdam for crying out loud.
I also agree about new hires, I already had one contractor I use, who is not above learning new things watch some sections, and he enjoyed them.

That's awesome, let us know how it goes!

Hopefully it's a smaller "class"....because then you get more hands on and time to work with the instructor.

I've gone to 2 separate one-day classes (3M and Oracal) and really learned a lot. I had a bit of experience going into both of them so I was assigned more advanced tasks and had the opportunity to learn some good tricks from the instructor(s).

Well worth the money, especially for what you're paying.

Have fun!
I hope it is a small class as well. I am a very upfront person, so I plan to suck every bit of knowledge I can from his brain. I would say I am a beginner, even though I have dealt with vinyl and assisted on dozens of vehicles. I am going to approach this thing as a sponge. I think you learn more rather then going in thinking "you know this stuff already".

Which airport option would be cheaper?
I named my own price on each part, rather then buying a package deal, it seemed to save 200 on the total bill. I am flying to DFW from Charlotte.

I live and work about 40 minutes from there. We have always just done cut vinyl and now we are trying to get into the business. We have been looking for different classes from Houston, Dallas, Baton Rouge, and even San Diego.

I was like you though, they had us on the waiting list and they called us about 2 weeks ago. We are just doing the the 2 1/2 day with no cert test. We have never wrapped anything so this is just the first step in learning the wrap business.

Anybody coming with you? Always nice to meet other sign101er's. I never post, but just an observer, of course it feels like I know everybody here.....

See ya in about 10 days.
Look forward to meeting you. I am a bit hesitant about the cert myself, but in my head I feel like I have handled it enough to pass the certs. I am also going to practice a lot this week. I have 2 wraps I would normally sub the install out, so I am going to assist him with it, and do most of it myself.