• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Award Ribbons - Large job.

theeventsource

Hi, I need to print a large volume of award ribbons (10,000 - 70,000) :omg: and we have the material (sateen). But I need to know if mass production of the printing (probably 5,000 of each phrase) is possible via screen printing, or if there's another technology that I need to look for.

I would imagine screen printing 70,000 ribbons would take a long time, but maybe one of you knows something better or understands screen printing better than I.

Last edited:

ChicagoGraphics

If you were to screen print them, I would print 100 up then have them cut out, other wise doing them 1 at a time will take you forever. I would sub them out and still make a decent profit.

jiarby

Awards ribbons are usually hot-foil pressed.

You need a die making machine, or job that out, then the foil press, then you may also have a pinking shear, a carding/folding machine, and grommets/strings.... depending on type/size/configuration of ribbon.

Maybe some kind of roll to roll process (like the way stouse does roll decals) could be adaped to the ribbon material.