• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Awning Material

Edna

Would it be possible to attach Sunbrella material to a frame with large head rivets and VHB tape? I have a customer that was quoted $9,000 to cover an existing awning frame, I thought it would be $1,500-$2,000.

Signsforwhile

nooooo..............some specs would be nice....

sounds like you're ready to work for free and destroy the market value of something............................................

Matt-Tastic

Would it be possible to attach Sunbrella material to a frame with large head rivets and VHB tape? I have a customer that was quoted $9,000 to cover an existing awning frame, I thought it would be $1,500-$2,000.

would it be possible? yes. would it be recommended? no.

do it for 1500. if it fails, tell them you'll do it again for another 1500. you can remake the sign 6 times before you match their previous quote!

Edna

The material that is on there now was hooked on their with 3/16" pop rivets with 1/2" wide heads. Looks pretty strate forward. The length is 22" and 4' tall3' deep rounded over. the curved ends are glued around the end bumps so I thot VHB tape would work. I seriosly would like some real feedback please.

Signsforwhile

oh edna

i just bid on a small awning over the door. came to a little under $6,000,000. customer was issuing a deposit check. but then another bid came in. another company did it for $12.73! damn it....

Kottwitz-Graphics

Yeah....I'm not usually THAT much of an a$$hole.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, well noone is usually that orange dumb.

Ok, Edna, you want someone to be serious, here it is... Why would you want to devalue the industry by coming in 20% cheaper than someone else. And prior to posting, why don't you open word, and typing in what you want to say, then spell check it. I know I can't spell, but damn, you are worse than I ever could be.

Edna

I can rise my price point, I just need to no if this will be the correct method. What price point should I be at to please you people? Seams eveyone thing I am running on the low side. The nearest awning place to 60 mile from hear in St. Jo so I guess that the travel is going to be part of there price point.

Why are you all so mean on hear? JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT THIS AWNING FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS!

Their, I spell checked this one, for Cat's sake.

Last edited:

Edna

I can post a photograf of the frame so you can see all the curves.
I can scan it and post it when the film comes back in a later today.