• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AXYZ Series 6010 question

Morph1

Print all
Hey All,

I got a hopefully a simple question,
well I was wondering if anyone got one of those router machines ??, and if so, I was wondering if it is possible to lets say have digitally printed vinyl graphics applied to a 3/16 sintra and have the router cut it out through vinyl, I heard I am supposed to reverse the bit direction as it will be pushing the vinyl downwards instead of upwards...,
Well after first test we noticed the vinyl lifts upwards and the edges are slightly ripped and uneven...,
I was wondering if anyone on this forum had been processing jobs of this kind and what would be their solution towards this procedure...

We are trying to cutout octagon shape pieces 8 at a time out of sintra with graphics applied to them instead of routing out the shapes first and applying individual pieces of vinyl piece by piece....

SebastienL

What synergy_jim said +1.

A down shear, a.k.a. downcut endmill is designed to leave a perfect edge on top of the material. As opposed to a regular upcut endmill, which pulls the chips, and your vinyl, upward as it cut, a downcut endmill pushes the material downward. No need to reverse anything.

GVP

If you are using a upcut bit, in a jam you can just flip the piece over and cut it upside down. It's perhaps not quite so easy to register and it would be cleaner to throw a piece of coro or something under it so you can cut clean thru.

A down spiral is the way to go, but this might help you if you're up against it?