• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

B 4 vinyl after hand paint

Craig Sjoquist

Here is a before & after I'm happy with because 2 years ago the opportunity to bid on this was there & I knew vinyl would win so did not bother, well there reaction was eye popping & could not believe it was hand painted when management came to look, gee that was a nice complement plus another job that vinyl does not do well on & they are not happy with.

Painted on Bebond, with 1-Shot with hardener added & UV clear coated will be later mounted on the older with flat screws. it is a double sided sign.

As you can see on the before, the gold chrome vinyl is gone, along with white & red are gray the print is barely visible, & black really lost it.
Vinyl on black even black vinyl this much, will not work for any reasonable time frame, it attracts too much heat. ( remember I'm in Ctl. Florida )

Attachments

• june 29 14 001.JPG
    june 29 14 001.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 135
  • july 1 14 011.JPG
    july 1 14 011.JPG
    305.5 KB · Views: 179
  • july 1 14 015.JPG
    july 1 14 015.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 168

Craig Sjoquist

Visual.. as stated still using 1-Shot with hardener & then UV clear coated, mainly because of availible at time of sales.

I would much rather make a full switch to... Nova colors (water base paint) they are awesome to work with & last, problem is keeping a large amount paint & amount of colors on hand for me, since I do not get alot of work at present just for all the outside work.

Thank you for all the nice comments folks, part of what we do is for other sign people to like & approve

rjssigns

Looks great.

Noticed the new Cadillac crest doesn't have the "duckies". Is nothing sacred?:Big Laugh

CES020

That's beautifully done Craig!

It's also some of the best hand painted text I think I've ever seen on this forum. The letters look fantastic, as does the logo with the shading and colors.

Amazing work.

Marlene

I like the shadowing in the logo but an wondering why you stretched the logo out and distorted it? other than that, it looks really nice. also what the heck kind of vinyl was used on the original sign that looks that horrid after only 2 years

Craig Sjoquist

Marlene....Thank you if you notice the new Cadillac ads on TV this is it.

What I normally do is use the grid method to scale or if able a projector like in this case I did then careful re-drawing.

As for vinyl the chrome gold & premium vinyl on rest, here in Central Florida & South a black surface is like a frying pan on high, vinyl does not stand a chance.

Thank you again folks for all the nice comments it does boost the spirits

Marlene

must have missed the ads. only brought it up as I had three of them and got to know the logo as it was on the steering wheel