• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back after 7 years feels good...

lilb93

Well I am back after 7 years, almost was never coming back. Dr gave me 1 year to go in 2010. I fought back with everything I could and now it's looking better. Cancer want to take you and destroy you and your family,
took a long and hard fight. I am sorry to say a lot of people I met at the clinic did not make it. I went from 225lbs to 84 lbs. Im back now at 175 and feel as good as i ever did. Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone on here. Ill be looking for a printer again my Roland SP540V ran out of ink in 2011 i guess. Now it wont even turn on. Hope everyone is doing well. John

player

Well I am back after 7 years, almost was never coming back. Dr gave me 1 year to go in 2010. I fought back with everything I could and now it's looking better. Cancer want to take you and destroy you and your family,
took a long and hard fight. I am sorry to say a lot of people I met at the clinic did not make it. I went from 225lbs to 84 lbs. Im back now at 175 and feel as good as i ever did. Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone on here. Ill be looking for a printer again my Roland SP540V ran out of ink in 2011 i guess. Now it wont even turn on. Hope everyone is doing well. John
Wow that is an amazing recovery. Congrats!
You might look into your SP540V because heads are a bit cheaper now. For the price of 2 heads, 4 dampers, 2 caps, some ink tubing and 4 ink cartridges you could be up and running. I guess this would also require you to work on your machine yourself, but there is a merchant member who promises to help you with instructions and phone support to change the heads.

2B

Congrats on the recovery, where there is a will there is a way.

while it is nice to have a printer / cutter yourself. there are also MANY quality merchant members that can do the printing and this lets you focus on the business side

SkyHighJK

Wow, welcome back (from a relative Newbie!)
Always nice to hear something uplifting. Congrats on successfully fighting the good fight and for having a good perspective.

lilb93

Thanks guys. Playing with the printer tonight would not turn on. Found if i disconnect the
magenta-yellow cables it will start up. Think the print head is shorted or bad cables? dont know yet still playing..

TammieH

Wow! Congratulations! And you decided to get back into the sign biz? You must be a glutton for punishment ;p....but I guess like many of us once you get bitten, you can't stay away. :)

player

If your printer has sat for years and was not cleaned and put away properly the heads will be clogged with dried ink and will be DOA. same with the ink lines, dampers, caps.

Johnny Best

player, the guy fought cancer and won, now you give your diagnosis on his printer as DOA.
You probably sound like his doctor who gave him a year to live in 2010.
Printers are machines, they can be rebuilt, used as a trade in or sell for parts.
The man has been given a new chance on life, I wish him all the best.

Suz

John,
I am late with my response, been away myself, but just busy with work! Back on here and reading what I can. Just wanted to say Congrats! Glad to see you are back and able to work. What great news! Many blessings to you every day. :)