• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back up onyx with out opening thrive?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I've tried to upgrade to 12.1 and now all these issues have popped up.

Tried to upgrade to 12.1 (i am an advantage holder) and it wouldn't update my key. but 12.1 is installed. But cannot open anything as there's no programs to open.

Ok install 12.0.5 back on it. everything is good, except theive isn't on it, only cut server.. not good.
Download thrive 12.0.0. again, only cut server.

So now i want to do a fresh install of 12.0.5 (the last version i had on it) but i cannot back up any of my profiles or quick sets. Is there a way to do this with out the program?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Quick Sets are stored here:
C:\Program Files\Onyx\Thrive\Input\Oce Arizona xxx GT\*QuickSetName*

Profiles are stored here:
C:\Program Files\Onyx\Thrive\db\Printers\Oce Arizona xxx GT\Medias\*InkSet*

I'm hoping you can just copy them over and all will be okay... I haven't managed to butcher Onyx that far yet (I've come close though).

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'm a little lost on how this has happened. I just backed them up on another hard drive, and currently backing up the whole program file just in case.

The whole not wanting to update my key scenario screwed things up i think. i can't work out why the key wont upgrade. 12.0.5 works.

The files have everything i need in there i think. Each time i make a profile, i save all the measurements just in case so worst comes to worst i can just go though it all again.
There's no problem making media profiles again, except glass is time consuming. everything else will take me 30 mins to an hour each.

I'll try un installing and trying again.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
"failed to initialize the USV hardware key, Please make sure it's plugged in and click retry to continue"
That's what i get when i try to install 12.1

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Maybe try uninstall the SafeNet HASP drivers and try re-install.
I had this problem a while ago, but can't remember how I fixed it... I think this was it.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I have a feeling it doesn't want to use the HASP key any more and wants me to move to the new one. I've emailed Canon about it and they're now looking into it. This is according to the licencing on the onyxgfx website.

I tried installing it on my brand new laptop fresh and had the same issue.

My profiles and quicksets are still there, Thanks for that.
I'll end up doing new ones over the holidays anyway.

Correct Color

You are aware you need to get a key update file from Onyx, right?

I'm assuming you are but can't quite tell from what you've written.

Basically with Onyx, updating the software is not the same as updating the key. If your key is not a 12.1 key, you'll need to get your key updated first -- which you do with an executable file you get from Onyx specifically for that key and for that upgrade -- then upgrade the software.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You are aware you need to get a key update file from Onyx, right?

I'm assuming you are but can't quite tell from what you've written.

Basically with Onyx, updating the software is not the same as updating the key. If your key is not a 12.1 key, you'll need to get your key updated first -- which you do with an executable file you get from Onyx specifically for that key and for that upgrade -- then upgrade the software.

Now i'm aware.
I assumed since i was logged in, they'd know i was an advantage holder and the key would be with the download. When installing it did say "updating key" but could be something else probably.

But yes when i went to x12, i had a new update for the key which i uploaded. Cannon know about this and they're getting onto it for me.