• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back Window Advice

Tim Aucoin

Go easy on me, okay guys and gals! :Big Laugh
I rarely do vehicle windows, so to some of you this may be a no brainer! I still thought it was worth asking though, as I want to be sure. Got a request from a new customer today via e-mail....
I attached a picture of my windshield because I have an imported vehicle a Mitsubishi Delica, it is 4ft 3inches wide.
I am also attaching the design I use for all my marketing as of now, and what I would like to do is use the grass on it for along the bottom of my windshield and have the letters of my company and website above it.
I've included the images she sent. And yes, I will definitely be paying someone for the design portion of this job! :notworthy:
So, I am assuming that the best and likely "legal" way to do this is with window perf? Sounds like the customer wants contour cut grass (OMG :omg:) along the bottom with cut vinyl above, but I'm thinking it would be much better looking (and easier) just to print full window perf, laminate and slap it on... :covereyes: What say you experienced folks? And for the record, I have done a fair bit of window perf application in 3M training and seem to have the hang of it!!

Let it begin....

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 107
  • existinglightbg.jpg
    existinglightbg.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 94

Tim Aucoin

If they just want the grass on the bottom, you could always print/contour cut the grass.

Maybe even print it on the Edge on clear with a loose cut and prime the grass so the color pops.

Having the whole thing done on perf would be easier though imho....!

Ooh... I never considered printing on the Gerber... with the white prime... on clear... yes, that is a good option if she doesn't want the full perf. Thanks for bringing that up Pat! You know I have too much equipment when I don't think of these things!! :banghead:

petepaz

She needs to wrap the whole back to cover up that rust hole.
..haha i was thinking that also

window perf (or just printed vinyl, didn't know there was a law aboutcovering the rear window?) laminated would be your best best
if you go with cut vinyl or in pieces they will have issues if they use the wiper

MikePro

will the blades of grass even be noticeable via perf?
What about a full print in trans. and add contour-cut perforated material to make the logo pop?

the ladybug could even be added as an opaque print/cut.

ChicagoGraphics

Maybe you can talk this woman in getting a full wrap, her vehicle looks like shyt. Why would you send that artwork out, the grass is a Illustrator brush, and the clouds you can get free from Vecteazy.