Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back Window Advice

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by Tim Aucoin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Go easy on me, okay guys and gals! :Big Laugh
    I rarely do vehicle windows, so to some of you this may be a no brainer! I still thought it was worth asking though, as I want to be sure. Got a request from a new customer today via e-mail....
    I've included the images she sent. And yes, I will definitely be paying someone for the design portion of this job! :notworthy:
    So, I am assuming that the best and likely "legal" way to do this is with window perf? Sounds like the customer wants contour cut grass (OMG :omg:) along the bottom with cut vinyl above, but I'm thinking it would be much better looking (and easier) just to print full window perf, laminate and slap it on... :covereyes: What say you experienced folks? And for the record, I have done a fair bit of window perf application in 3M training and seem to have the hang of it!!

Let it begin....

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Major Contributor

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Yes on Perf is the answer.

3. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Ooh... I never considered printing on the Gerber... with the white prime... on clear... yes, that is a good option if she doesn't want the full perf. Thanks for bringing that up Pat! You know I have too much equipment when I don't think of these things!! :banghead:

4. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I think perf is your best option.

5. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    She needs to wrap the whole back to cover up that rust hole.

6. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    ..haha i was thinking that also

window perf (or just printed vinyl, didn't know there was a law aboutcovering the rear window?) laminated would be your best best
    if you go with cut vinyl or in pieces they will have issues if they use the wiper

7. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Perf. that ugly duckling and leave the wiper and mirror off... :wink:

8. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    will the blades of grass even be noticeable via perf?
    What about a full print in trans. and add contour-cut perforated material to make the logo pop?

the ladybug could even be added as an opaque print/cut.

9. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Maybe you can talk this woman in getting a full wrap, her vehicle looks like shyt. Why would you send that artwork out, the grass is a Illustrator brush, and the clouds you can get free from Vecteazy.

10. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    as long as you can get rid of the stupid stick people. anything else will be an improvement.

11. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    What he said!

12. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    You need to incorporate that rust streak somehow :) Looks kinda like mud running down the back of the door.

13. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008