• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Back Window Perf_Curvature

Blazing_Murph

Hey Everyone,

We're dealing with a client who isn't happy with how his back window perf came out. The issue was the curvature of the window and mostly that his "designer" friend came up with the layout and that we doesn't want to stray from it (I suggested keeping the design more central or removing some information). Has anyone dealt with countering the curvature of a window by giving a negative arc to the design? We've also suggested doing print/cut vinyl for him so that we can attempt to manipulate the vinyl while we apply to combat the curve. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ive attached a few photos

Attachments

• IMG_4046.JPG
    IMG_4046.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 400
  • IMG_4049.JPG
    IMG_4049.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 309

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yep, the print should be a "frowny face" configuration i.e curved. That way as it's applied it rolls out straight.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
around %8 curvature makes a nice straight text on curved windows

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Being from Baltimore, I take great offense to someone from Jersey taking an Oriole and calling it a "goldfinch".

ADuke

with window graphics (or vehicle wraps) the vehicle should be brought into the shop before hand. Cover the entire window with transfer paper as if you were applying the perf. take measurements and write them directly on the transfer paper. use masking tape to mark your center lines. the tape will naturally follow the curve of the window. trim out the transfer paper around the window. Remove it carefully from the glass and put it on a wall surface. Take a photo of it as straight on as you can. this will give you the curve you are working with.

Import the image into your design program (I use illustrator) and use it to trace out your curve. Then curve your artwork to follow this line (into a smiley face, always curving up).
When it is installed the perf will fallow the down direction of your window and the graphics will straighten out. I have attached a photo of what I am talking about. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20171218_095557.jpg
    20171218_095557.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 333