• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Background Color in Flexi

This should be simple...how can I create a yellow background in Flexi and have it show up in email and print on the substrate? When I send the file, it prints white. I dropped the yellow in the background with the roller in Flexi and it displays on the screen, but doesn't print. I usually design in Photoshop so the background color prints correctly.

Thanks!

cgsigns_jamie

Are you printing on a large format printer using Production Manager or are you printing a proof on a desktop printer?

If you printing on a desktop printer be sure to click the check box in print setup that says print substrate color.

I typically just draw a box to represent my sign and change the color of that.

Usually you change the substrate color to represent the physical color of a particular substrate. For example if you were using yellow coro you would change your substrate in Flexi to yellow.

cgsigns_jamie

I don't have my Flexi key here at home so I'm unable to open PM to see if there is a setting to allow you to print the substrate color.

It may be easier to just draw a shape the same size of the substrate, set the color of that, then send it to the back of your design.

Steve Rife

In the RIP and Print dialog there is a checkbox to "Print substrate" under the "Miscellaneous settings" frame of the Advanced tab. If you are going to be using this solution, you may want to also select the "Panel to border" option in the Panel tab so you are not clipping your substrate size to the physical dimensions of your objects.