• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit Fabric for Latex-Reccomendations?

flyplainsdrifta

how is the durability? everything we've currently tried on our 1500 just cant make it thru the sewing process without getting either scratched off or some considerable rubbing. its been frustrating to say the least.

BALLPARK

I carry a few super high end backlit fabrics specifically for Latex if you are interested.
Do you have any sample rolls for the fabric? I have a need for fabric based prints, but I was just going to order them in as a non-finished print and do the finishing in-house for it.

They are short term projects up to one year for a display. Indoors...

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
how is the durability? everything we've currently tried on our 1500 just cant make it thru the sewing process without getting either scratched off or some considerable rubbing. its been frustrating to say the least.

What brands have you tried? This is the Senfa Decoprint Pearl and is an industry leading backlit World Wide.

flyplainsdrifta

Do you have any sample rolls for the fabric? I have a need for fabric based prints, but I was just going to order them in as a non-finished print and do the finishing in-house for it.

BigfishDM agreed on sample roll. would like to see it before i ship a full roll across the country.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

No problem, are you looking for backlit or frontlit fabric?

Here is another option for you to consider: SignComp Europe has a new framing system that doesn't require sowing on an edge. They have a video showing installation. I have not tried it myself but hope to see it at ISA in Las Vegas. You can get unlighted or lighted versions.

flyplainsdrifta

Here is another option for you to consider: SignComp Europe has a new framing system that doesn't require sowing on an edge. They have a video showing installation. I have not tried it myself but hope to see it at ISA in Las Vegas. You can get unlighted or lighted versions.

oooh thank you for the heads up, that sounds awesome

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So I saw the SignComp system at ISA yesterday and I was really impressed. This is coming from an 'all thumbs' type of sign user that doesn't have the skill to make SEG work. It is front-loading and the fabric should be about an inch larger than the display opening. You use a plastic squeege-like flat tool to push the fabric into the frame. If you have a sag or wrinkle you just push a little more in that edge area and 'poof!' the result looks good. I guess some people are a natural at handling the SEG (and the sowing to get to that point) but this new system would work for me. No sowing, easy adjustment, and the front-load frame can mount right up against another sign, wall edge, etc. Saw this in a lighted and unlighted version.