• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad day with a great MUTOH

racershawn

Hey all... I have a VJ1614. It has been a flawless printer till today. I was printing a long print and did not notice i was low on vinyl when i left it printing and went to grab a bite to eat. Well big mistake.... printer kept printing and material stayed in one place. All the ink built up and it was a mess. I cleaned everything up and print head looked fine but it did hit the material and ink build up.
.... Well now it will print nothing at all. It was printing mostly black but i noticed that the fairly new Y ink is empty and i had no warning beep.... any thoughts would help... please. and I am slammed....thanks, Shawn

Robert M

Soak the print head

Cut a piece of cloth slightly larger than the size of the cap top. Move the head off the cap, insert the cloth on top of the cap and pour on a little cleaning solution. Now carefully move the head back to the cap top trying not to bunch up the cloth. Let it soak against the head for an hour and try a test print.

racershawn

Thanks for the reply... we do that with our t-shirt printer and it works well. I was not thinking it was clogged up, but that would def be better then a print head not working. And it makes more sense then something happening to the head.....