• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad magenta?

roxym

I'm having a very frustrating problem with my normally dependable Mutoh Valuejet 1304. Yesterday I was printing 3 banners, all the same. The first two went fine, 3" into the third the print suddenly changed colors, went from a brownish color to a green tint, just like you drew a line. I had replaced the yellow and magenta carts during the first banner. I did a few cleanings, checked the drain lines and then started printing test blocks of CMYK. Everything looked fine except the magenta. The print quality is great, the only problem is the magenta is way too light. I don't have another magenta cartridge to try, do you suppose it's a bad cart of this color?

Not sure what else to check, any ideas? Thanks!!

roxym

Thanks, I now see only one magenta head is printing. My supplier is telling me a new maintenance station????? Can you replace just the pump on a 1304? This is getting to sound expensive....

Robert M

Pump

It may not be the pump, it could just be the cap top, the part that seals against the head when it is parked, when it goes out air leaks in and the pump will not draw down the ink. Make sure it is clean and free of built up ink. If the pump is pulling ink down you will see it going into the waste bottle. I have both parts if you need them.