• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Baldrige/Shingo

SqueeGee

We were selected to participate in a program run by our state to, among other things, go through the Baldrige Self Discovery. It's pretty intense. I'm just wondering if anyone here has taken their company through it or a similar program(Shingo, for example).

SqueeGee

Thanks for the link. I didn't read the whole article but understand some of the limitations of the awards program. Our mentor pointed out that much more emphasis has been placed on results in the last several years(the linked article is from 1991).

We're not applying for an award. Through the self discovery program, we'll get feedback and be connected with resources to help improve any challenges revealed through the process.

As one of just five companies selected to participate in our state, it's flattering but the additional work is a bit grueling. Especially this kind of work. Which I suppose is the point.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Just looking for other small companies that may have been through it or something similar.