• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ballast

xtreme872

Just curious as to what everyone is using for replacement ballast and signs with flourescent bulbs..Which brand you prefer for ease of use etc.

John L

We carry Advance ballasts (Advance/Phillips now)

1,2, 4-12'
2,3,4, 6-20'
2,3,4, 12-24'
4,5,6, 24-48'

For Neon we only need two France Service Masters to cover the spectrum (in 30ma that is anyway).

LED we carry only one type. 12v 60w

xtreme872

We have been using several different kinds.. Just trying to keep a ballast that is relatively easy to use for replacement to eliminate alot of installation time. We pulled a vertex out the other day.. one red out the bottom and all blues up top...

FS-Keith

ventex? sounds like it was an electronic you just pulled out. We stock mainly magnetic ballasts but also have electronic that wire like magnetic.

Transco Electronic Ballasts

Transco UNT Tanks for Neon Transformers, 100% copper vs Allanson's alum wire.

Those Ventex HO Balasts were pretty cool but they stopped making them. They were pretty unique compared to what's on the market today.

FS-Keith

alanson rss line is an electronic that wires like a magnetic. so that's an option if you want to stock those. The good thing about them is you only need to stock 4 diff kind of ballast if you want to stick with just them as opposed to having all the magnetics you need to stock your service trucks. my trucks have 10 diff size magnetic ballasts on them. Its a lot of $ in inventory for just flourescents. I would switch to all rss but i had a few fail on me in a short amount of time and heard it from others as well so I am Leary to make the switch just yet.