• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion banding back at it again

altereddezignz

As everyone has probably already read i have had a epson s80600 replaced due to banding on anything but 12 pass.. Well new printer and 8 pass has slight banding nothing like it was but still can see it.
Banding runs horizontal to rillers or parallel to print heads. ( looking at the printer left and right )
New material and several types.
New profiles all built in house and even testing canned profiles.
Have not tried anything less than an 8 pass
Techs did individual head alignments when here.

So i am looking for a needle in a haystack here.
Does anyone use Oracal 3165, Avery 1005 or 1105, ij 3m , substance material.

If so and you create your own profiles or even have a profile you can print a clean good 6 or 8 pass on with even a file to print can you please let me know. I am trying to figure out where the issue is.

We even had a color company come in and retrain everyone on in house profiling. Its a color calibrated and verified company that certified our printer and company as well so we know the profiles where created correctly...

CanuckSigns

Wow that sucks. We have had our s80600 for about a month now, just using stock profiles downloaded from the Epson control dashboard have produced amazing results, 6 pass is great for day to day stuff on vinyl, very very slight grain in the print sometimes. 8 pass is perfect, solid colours look like coloured vinyl, no grain or banding at all.

CanuckSigns

Are you using default 40-40-50 temps?
Yes we are, haven't had a chance to really play around with settings or profiles too much, but so far we have been very very happy with what has come off the machine from stock, especially with the red and orange ink, we were able to print a nice coca cola red right out of the box with absolutely no messing around, to get the same colour out of our Roland would have taken hours of adjusting. And we can print home Depot orange too now, which the Roland would never have been able to do.

altereddezignz

Wow. I have no idea what i am doing wrong. 12 pass is amazing no issues or complaints at all but 12 pass down yes complaints lol... Not sure what to do or try really.. Im sure it is something i am doing just trying to narrow down now. Would you be willing to email or pm me maybe a material your using and a 6 pass profile you downloaded so i can try the exact same thing. I know all machines are different but if i can get on the same exact page as someone else maybe i can narrow down the issues or the fault.

CanuckSigns

Wow. I have no idea what i am doing wrong. 12 pass is amazing no issues or complaints at all but 12 pass down yes complaints lol... Not sure what to do or try really.. Im sure it is something i am doing just trying to narrow down now. Would you be willing to email or pm me maybe a material your using and a 6 pass profile you downloaded so i can try the exact same thing. I know all machines are different but if i can get on the same exact page as someone else maybe i can narrow down the issues or the fault.

What rip are you running? Do you know how to download the .emx files from the Epson dashboard and load them into the rip?

So far we have used the 3M ij35-10 profile for all our matte vinyl, and the orajet 3551 profile for gloss vinyl, both of these are from the Epson dashboard. PM me with your email address if you need me to send them to you.

Joe House

Your humidity is too low to expect quality printing. Most manufacturers recommend 40 to 60% RH.
You'll get better results by slowing things down - more passes, unidirectional, etc, but RH that low will be difficult to overcome. Try to get that up with a humidifier if you can.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk