Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banding Issues HP DesignJet 9000s

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Sagan4862, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Sagan4862

Sagan4862 Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Having some issues with the printer banding only on black. The odd thing is the color stripe that runs down the side is fine, as well as running an IQ print all colors come out perfectly. What can cause the printer to band and the color to come out an almost copper color when running a job, but during a test print it runs flawlessly?

Using
    CorelDRAW X3
    Onyx Production House Version 10
    HP DesignJet 9000s

Thanks

Tags:
  2. dear365

dear365 New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    banding

Hi, did you get any response yet? bacause I have the same issue

3. danno

danno Member

Mar 26, 2013
    NC
    How many passes and what material are you using? Are you printing any other colours? Is the banding present in the other colours? On our units, 8 pass is a printers dream.

4. dear365

dear365 New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    banding

my test prints from the printer itself are fine, but when I send my jobs to the printer is skiping 1 line, the tiny column printed on the side is fine as well, only whatever I sent to the printer is banding all the colors, do you have any idea what it may be?
    thanks

Daniel

5. danno

danno Member

Mar 26, 2013
    NC
    Sounds like the media feed length is off. You can adjust this by printing a test print of you choosing. I would print something at least 36" in length. While the printer is printing, press the down arrow on the control panel. This will open the media adv. If you have white lines in the print, you will want to decrease that number. If you have dark line in the print, you will want to increase the number. When you have a number dialed in for the media, you can key it in the printer settings portion of the Onyx print profile.

6. swirls

swirls New Member

May 31, 2012
    Jamaica
    Daniel,
    Could you say if this helped you resolve your problem?