• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding Issues HP DesignJet 9000s

Sagan4862

Having some issues with the printer banding only on black. The odd thing is the color stripe that runs down the side is fine, as well as running an IQ print all colors come out perfectly. What can cause the printer to band and the color to come out an almost copper color when running a job, but during a test print it runs flawlessly?

Using
CorelDRAW X3
Onyx Production House Version 10
HP DesignJet 9000s

Thanks

danno

How many passes and what material are you using? Are you printing any other colours? Is the banding present in the other colours? On our units, 8 pass is a printers dream.

dear365

banding

my test prints from the printer itself are fine, but when I send my jobs to the printer is skiping 1 line, the tiny column printed on the side is fine as well, only whatever I sent to the printer is banding all the colors, do you have any idea what it may be?
thanks

Daniel

danno

Sounds like the media feed length is off. You can adjust this by printing a test print of you choosing. I would print something at least 36" in length. While the printer is printing, press the down arrow on the control panel. This will open the media adv. If you have white lines in the print, you will want to decrease that number. If you have dark line in the print, you will want to increase the number. When you have a number dialed in for the media, you can key it in the printer settings portion of the Onyx print profile.

swirls

Daniel,
Could you say if this helped you resolve your problem?

Sounds like the media feed length is off. You can adjust this by printing a test print of you choosing. I would print something at least 36" in length. While the printer is printing, press the down arrow on the control panel. This will open the media adv. If you have white lines in the print, you will want to decrease that number. If you have dark line in the print, you will want to increase the number. When you have a number dialed in for the media, you can key it in the printer settings portion of the Onyx print profile.