• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding on Mutoh 1324

brycesteiner

So what causes this banding? I'm using the Arlon 3mil 720x720 G2 profile in Flexi Production Manager. I switched to the Arlon 720x720 G4 profile and it went away but the dots are not as fine. Is it the Arlon material or the profile? I'm confused on this. I've had different material give banding at the end of a roll but this is a almost new roll.
attachment.php

Thanks!
Bryce

Attachments

• band1.jpg
    band1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 302
Any time I've had that issue it was because the heat setting (usually the preheat) was too high in the profile.

Those are roller marks and it's caused from the media being too warm & soft when feeding through the printer.

I always turn the preheat down first then the platen down if needed. Start with 5 degree increments and see if that helps.

brycesteiner

Thanks! That never crossed my mind. I will turn the heat down. I know I've turned the heat up for banners to help them dry and that worked too.

Hope it helps you out.

I forgot to mention that I also turn the dryer heater up... just to give a bit more heat to dry the inks as the print exits.
Don't know if it really makes a difference but I've never had an issue after prints leave the shop.