Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banding problem/Noise turning grey blue

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ChristianTR, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ChristianTR

ChristianTR New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    We are having issues with a grey gradient. Its a mesh gradient and we are getting major banding issues. When I add noise to the sign it makes the gradient print blue instead of remaining grey. Im on the fringes of a stroke and don't know what to do. The internet is not helping out much. Help is greatly appreciated.

Christian

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    blocked nozzles on printheads and/or printhead misalignment would cause this.

3. ChristianTR

ChristianTR New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    When I print the same thing minus the noise effect, it prints as it should, grey. Only when I add noise to the gradient does it print blue.

4. ChristianTR

ChristianTR New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I am using Illustrator and ripping with Roland Colorip to the SC-540. We have Versaworks but my boss said it didn't work. Im debating on trying it again because I hear it is much better. I did try the blur but my boss insisted I use noise.. he is a little to particular for his own good.