Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banding Question

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Custom_Grafx, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Although this doesn't lead to any jobs getting rejected, I am curious to find out if there is a simple fix for this type of banding. It's not very noticable from a distance of more than a couple feet, but it just bugs me.

It is an 8 pass profile, and I've noticed it across a variety of material.

When I use 12+pass profiles, I don't really get this problem.

Machine is a vs 640.

Boxes which have been checked;
    [x] feed calibration
    [x] heater settings

I notice it more on some colours than others. Here you can see it is doing it on the yellow/orange. I have noticed it does it with red colours also. I have not seen it much with other colours, so am guessing that it's a magenta thing.

Any ideas, I'd be interested in hearing.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Gabriel

Gabriel Member

Apr 7, 2011
    If the feed calibration is ok, then you might try to slow down the print-head speed from versa works. This should help.
    Also, try to change the ICC profile you're using or some color management settings.

3. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Thanks Gabriel. I make my own colour profiles, and it happens on all of them for whatever material I use. I'm just experimenting right now, and although my feed calibration setting was correct according to the test print, I made the adjustment to 'overlap' a little, and it's actually becoming less noticable. I am now printing on -0.30 and it has become less noticable. I'll try slowing it down as well. Thanks.