• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding Question

Custom_Grafx

Although this doesn't lead to any jobs getting rejected, I am curious to find out if there is a simple fix for this type of banding. It's not very noticable from a distance of more than a couple feet, but it just bugs me.

It is an 8 pass profile, and I've noticed it across a variety of material.

When I use 12+pass profiles, I don't really get this problem.

Machine is a vs 640.

Boxes which have been checked;
[x] feed calibration
[x] heater settings

I notice it more on some colours than others. Here you can see it is doing it on the yellow/orange. I have noticed it does it with red colours also. I have not seen it much with other colours, so am guessing that it's a magenta thing.

Any ideas, I'd be interested in hearing.

Attachments

• banding.jpg
    banding.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 47

Gabriel

If the feed calibration is ok, then you might try to slow down the print-head speed from versa works. This should help.
Also, try to change the ICC profile you're using or some color management settings.

Custom_Grafx

If the feed calibration is ok, then you might try to slow down the print-head speed from versa works. This should help.
Also, try to change the ICC profile you're using or some color management settings.

Thanks Gabriel. I make my own colour profiles, and it happens on all of them for whatever material I use. I'm just experimenting right now, and although my feed calibration setting was correct according to the test print, I made the adjustment to 'overlap' a little, and it's actually becoming less noticable. I am now printing on -0.30 and it has become less noticable. I'll try slowing it down as well. Thanks.