• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding

graphix45

I have a Roland VS640 printer and having problem with banding only on dark colors, mainly blues & purples.
I did a feed calibration test and it appears to be way off. I've tried adjusting it, but doesn't seem to make much difference. Attached is a picture of the test print. Any advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20180620_090656167.jpg
    IMG_20180620_090656167.jpg
    937.2 KB · Views: 133

graphix45

I've done all three cleaning levels several times and I do a manual cleaning every 10 days or so. Is there something else I need to do?

graphix45

I also get some light streaks occasionally that looks like what I've seen described as ink starvation. Don't know if this could be related or a separate issue.

Juney

I have had this issue. This is not recommended, but I soak a swab with ink solvent cleaner. I gently press the soaked swab on the screen of the head. Gently wipe the head. wait 5 minutes and repeat two or three times. Then do a power cleaning through the control panel. Good luck...Be very gentle!