• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banner advice needed

petepaz

working on a banner for a customer 2 parts 48" x 30ft
for a trade show to hang as a backdrop
what i was figuring is hem and grommet the top
so it will hang like a shower curtain and velcro the bottom half to the top
half
question 1: i don't need to hem the sides or bottom do i?
question 2: do you think velcro will hold the bottom half or do you think that will be too heavy?

GB2

Old Member
Is this banner going vertical 48" side to side and 30' tall or is it horizontal 48" tall and 30' side to side? Is it going to be installed interior or exterior?

petepaz

banner will hang 48" down x 30ft left to right
and will have another banner the same size hanging from it
they want to cover the existing trade show curtain it will hang from the same bar
like a shower curtain

GB2

Old Member
OK, so the finished size will be 8' tall and 30' wide, interior, short term. It would be best if it could be one piece but if not then I think you could get by under those conditions with tape adhering the seam with 2" of banner tape, preferrably stitiching or welding it. I don't see any point to using velcro unless you need it removable then it would probably be OK. Sides and bottom shouldn't require hems, though I'd probably hem them anyway just to give a little resistence to edge curling.

petepaz

just sent merritt a RFQ
i can't do it in house in 1 piece
but i agree that would be the best way to go

Salmoneye

My neighbor is a retired sign man and has an old commercial singer that he hemmed banners with for years. He likes helping me out and will sew anything that I wanted but how does a sewn seam look on a printed banner? I have several 8 footers coming up.