• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Blemishes

kroger

i printed a banner with a lot of solid black and after it was sewn and got it back there are a lot of blemishes that stand out. Creases and white scratches etc. From the sewers. But anyways I tried to touch it up a spot with the black printer ink overflow jar which now I know has cleaner mixed in it. I made it worse. Oops. Anyway how can I fix it, blend it, etc. Or should I reprint and not sew it, just grommet it? Wish I cld fix it though. Than you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 353

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it went out of your shop in good condition, I'd find another finishing company which will take pride in doing professional work. That is complete and total nonsense. I'd be at that guy's door in a minute and ramming that banner down his throat. No sense you eating his mistakes. Let him eat his own blunders.

edit : I don't see any sewing along that edge. Is this before it went out or after ??

kroger

I do use the banner tape but I forgot that method. It’s been a while ‍♀️ Will go that route from now on.

I tried sharpies before but it always showed as the blacks are never the same.

It is sewn. They do a good job but don’t realize how easy banners mark up, etc. I’ll tape from now on.

So I cut the black part out with reverse cut for lettering and was going to apply it over the existing white type on banner but of course somehow it didn’t match up. So I cut a white oval to cover spot then put black oval with the reverse cut for type as it was already cut anyways.
The black vinyl will keep a lot better anyways vs the ink.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Unless this is a huge banner there is no way I would try and fix it. Reprint and go on. The time you spent jacking with the repair, you could have made 2 more.
In reality you could air brush over it with a decent paint that matched. But we are back to how much time/money to spend on fixing something until it out ways making a new one.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Unless this is a huge banner there is no way I would try and fix it. Reprint and go on. The time you spent jacking with the repair, you could have made 2 more.
In reality you could air brush over it with a decent paint that matched. But we are back to how much time/money to spend on fixing something until it out ways making a new one.

I agree, seriously how big is this banner? Make a new one, chock up the loss and move on. Send out only good work, nothing that's been patched or markered over. If you are driving your banners somewhere to get hemmed, why not tape it yourself or just order from a wholesaler? You should have got enough $$ to redo this job and still make a profit. Chase dollars not pennies. The time and effort people waste to save a buck amazes me.

AKwrapguy

i printed a banner with a lot of solid black and after it was sewn and got it back there are a lot of blemishes that stand out. Creases and white scratches etc. From the sewers. But anyways I tried to touch it up a spot with the black printer ink overflow jar which now I know has cleaner mixed in it. I made it worse. Oops. Anyway how can I fix it, blend it, etc. Or should I reprint and not sew it, just grommet it? Wish I cld fix it though. Than you!

Why would you use the waste ink to try and cover it up?
How long did you let the banner dry before you took it to the seamstress?

Also unless it's a huge banner just re-print.

AKwrapguy

If it went out of your shop in good condition, I'd find another finishing company which will take pride in doing professional work. That is complete and total nonsense. I'd be at that guy's door in a minute and ramming that banner down his throat. No sense you eating his mistakes. Let him eat his own blunders.

edit : I don't see any sewing along that edge. Is this before it went out or after ??

I don't think it was like that when he picked it up. It probably had a small scratch in it and he decided to use waste ink to cover the scratch. The solvent cleaner mixed in made the issue worse.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Add wind-slits (at no extra cost) - just make sure one of them is exactly on top of the blemish.