• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Banner bunches leaving headstrikes Latex 360

CMI Signs

Please help! HP Latex 360 - This only happens on my 3' banner material. 13oz banner bunches causing headstrikes. I've decreased the temperature, increased the passes. Still does it.

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 470
  • IMG_1493.jpg
    IMG_1493.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 265

CMI Signs

We've done both forward and reverse. Nothing stuck. All other sizes of banner print just fine. It is just the 38" roll. I can't even get thru a 10' banner. Right now we are using Duratex from Grimco, but have used their previous brand of banner and it did the same thing. Seems like my setting adjustments are making it worse.

bannertime

We've done both forward and reverse. Nothing stuck. All other sizes of banner print just fine. It is just the 38" roll. I can't even get thru a 10' banner. Right now we are using Duratex from Grimco, but have used their previous brand of banner and it did the same thing. Seems like my setting adjustments are making it worse.

We've had similar issues with the new Duratex 5ft. We still have rolls of 3ft Briteline we're dreading using up. Grimco has told me they've released new profiles for the machine, so check the website or call in to get those.

CMI Signs

I downloaded the profile, but how do I get it to my machine? I've always used the presets and adjusted as needed. I don't know how to access profiles not already on the machine.

bannertime

I downloaded the profile, but how do I get it to my machine? I've always used the presets and adjusted as needed. I don't know how to access profiles not already on the machine.

You can upload it from your "print server." Type in your printer's IP address into your browser. Or, you can upload it via Flexi's Media Management inside production manager.

CMI Signs

Okay thank you! I will try that. I am so frustrated. Just opened a new roll and can't even get a 2x3 banner printed

bannertime

Okay thank you! I will try that. I am so frustrated. Just opened a new roll and can't even get a 2x3 banner printed

Yup, I'm not happy about the new duratex line. For one, I've had to involuntarily change banner material three times in the past two years. I asked the Avery rep in front of the Grimco rep if they had banner material cause I wasn't happy with my current supply. Lol.

CMI Signs

I'm going to have to change brands. I've emailed my rep at grimco to see what I can do about the current stock I have. Thank you for your help! Maybe I can get my banners printed now.

CMI Signs

I did increase the vacuum pressure and I decreased the heat. Even downloaded the print profile from Grimco's website. Same thing. Something is wrong with the way it's pulling it. But at this point, I'm convinced it's the actual banner material. My rep said he would credit me for the roll but I need a solution. I think I will try another brand and that will be the real test.

CMI Signs

Yes - it's typically only the 3ft roll. Other rolls do it occasionally, but I can always count on the 3ft. New roll or old roll. Doesn't matter.

CMI Signs

It's just strange because my 24", 54" and 63" banners all work just fine. Only occasional problems. I may need to just upgrade my 36" banner to avoid this. It's just frustrating.

dypinc

Is it sticking in the curling area? If so have you tried to use the curing platen covers that come with the printer?

BALLPARK

We switch the Arlon DPF 313 matte finish. It's awesome... clients love it. We don't have head strikes. We print on a 365 and it would be hard for me to even want to change banner media. The white point is great and the prints cure without needing more heat than the scrim material would prefer. We don't get any beading from overheating as we did with other brands when trying to cure some colors.

Good luck...

burgmurk

i would definitely recommend using the platen protectors. i also found my pvc (i think was an avery product) stuck more as it got older. fresh stock, and protectors on, and it works great, i even did some double sided work recently without issue.

Mike Brice

Please help! HP Latex 360 - This only happens on my 3' banner material. 13oz banner bunches causing headstrikes. I've decreased the temperature, increased the passes. Still does it.
It's possible your platens need to be cleaned. Because the printer always prints from the right side these tiny holes tend to gunk up first.You'll have to remove the platens and punch through all the tiny little holes. It's tedious but necessary. Just as my first time you'll be amazed at how much this makes a difference