• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Design

qmr55

I wanted something bold and would stand out!

This is what I came up with...6'x2' banner.

Whatya think?

Attachments

• devo banner.jpg
    devo banner.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 88

HulkSmash

May i suggest, you can take out Business Cards, and Letterhead and more, and put stationary, it covers all that stuff.

SignStudent

The one thing I noticed and haven't seen mentioned is that I think the copy gets a bit too close to the edge of the banner. I'd suggest shrinking it down slightly.

qmr55

I used flexi, make a 6x2 box, duplicate it, stripe one with radiant stripes from the bottom right corner, throw a light orange to dark orange gradient on it, make the first box dark orange and put it below the striped one!

Craig Sjoquist

Ok even though ya did good on arranging the book of copy. yup it's a book on a banner.

Banners like other outdoor advertising is simple.. who, what, where. normally contrast
So 1st your name good logo but your using orange in design on orange & red the colors harmonize, a color wheel will help you decide colors.

Next phone number normally you will set the banner up within your area where people know the area code, reducing the weight of area code allows people to remember the 7 numbers better, even if not in area the area code is reference.

The menu is a book 3 to 4 items is all you need, want more make another banner and switch a few months later ...Less is more in outdoor advertising ..On printed stuff that you put in your hand you can fill it up with a book of copy.

qmr55

Ok even though ya did good on arranging the book of copy. yup it's a book on a banner.

Banners like other outdoor advertising is simple.. who, what, where. normally contrast
So 1st your name good logo but your using orange in design on orange & red the colors harmonize, a color wheel will help you decide colors.

Next phone number normally you will set the banner up within your area where people know the area code, reducing the weight of area code allows people to remember the 7 numbers better, even if not in area the area code is reference.

The menu is a book 3 to 4 items is all you need, want more make another banner and switch a few months later ...Less is more in outdoor advertising ..On printed stuff that you put in your hand you can fill it up with a book of copy.

While I agree completely on everything you said I have a few reasons as to why I did it like this.

• The banner will be for indoor use sometimes, being displayed in our showroom.
  • The banner will be displayed at different locations where I may not be present at all times.
  • Then other times the banner will be displayed out front of the shop

The first one is the reason I made the list that long...if someone is standing in the showroom they should be able to read all of them!

While it is at a different locations, it needs the phone number on there including area code because it may not always be in my area.

In the future I will probably end up printing different ones but for now I wanted one banner for different situations.

Once again, I agree on everything you said if this banner was specifically for out front of our shop!

Thank you! :thumb:

John Butto

MTV Flashback

I mean no disrespect Sir, but when I see your logo I can't get that repetitive music beat to stop.