Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banner finishing

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by apex, Aug 13, 2012.

1. apex

apex Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I have never gotten into banners before, but i have a good customer who wants banners make and has not cared if they were properly finished or not he was using them for promotional one offs.

but now i am interested in doing better quality banners and providing as a service. so could anyone help me out in helping me find a very affordable solution to creating seams for banners? either sew or some sort of hand held welder

thanks

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    the affordable solution is banner hem tape

3. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
  4. apex

apex Member

Jun 1, 2010
    thanks for the link, i am really just looking for purchasing options, i want to know/see links or names to welders or some sort of seam machine that i can look into besides a sewing machine which i am also looking on ebay for.

also i am wondering how do i make sure that the edge is perfectly straight and is not crooked/angled when i start to sew or even use glue or anything else?
    i would hate to print a banner and ruin it by creating crooked seams and waste time and money having to re-do it

5. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX

there are numerous different threads about how to hem banners, comparing the different options and the opinions of the users.

as far a straight hem, you will need to practice