• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner patching

jbennett

I did a dumb one this weekend. Did several printed banners and the put Saturday for the day of the week instead of Friday. It is for a local civic/charity event and I am more or less "helping". The day of the week is at the beginning of a 3 inch red bar on the top of the 12 foot banners. I dont have time to re-print the whole things and they really don't want to do that and dont mind a little patching so to speak. The patch part will be roughly 3inches by 3 feet or so.I have thought about making the day of the week portion for each with the correct day. My idea is to print that portion of the red bar on banner material, cut it out, and attach with banner tape around the edges and down the middle of the "patch". Has anyone tried this or does anyone have a more "seamless" idea? All help is appreciated.

jbennett

Ken1f

I changed the date on some small banners I made last year with 3651. It was a small area around 5" X 15". A little glossy but a quick/cheep fix.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I did a dumb one this weekend. Did several printed banners and the put Saturday for the day of the week instead of Friday. It is for a local civic/charity event and I am more or less "helping". The day of the week is at the beginning of a 3 inch red bar on the top of the 12 foot banners. I dont have time to re-print the whole things and they really don't want to do that and dont mind a little patching so to speak. The patch part will be roughly 3inches by 3 feet or so.I have thought about making the day of the week portion for each with the correct day. My idea is to print that portion of the red bar on banner material, cut it out, and attach with banner tape around the edges and down the middle of the "patch". Has anyone tried this or does anyone have a more "seamless" idea? All help is appreciated.

jbennett

I've patched banners in exactly the way you described. from a couple of feet away the patch is well nigh invisible. One banner thus patched has been stretched between posts out in the open for over three years now and you absolutely cannot tell it's been patched.

jbennett

I may try that, but I am so afraid my colors will not be the greatest match. I so dont want it to stand out anymore than it has to.

jbennett

jbennett

I've patched banners in exactly the way you described. from a couple of feet away the patch is well nigh invisible. One banner thus patched has been stretched between posts out in the open for over three years now and you absolutely cannot tell it's been patched.

Thanks Bob, this is good to know and gives me some confidence!.

jbennett

i've seen a banner that someone made for a charity local celebrity basketball tournament versus harlem globetrotters and their employee started to put the half moon wind slits into the banner about 8 of them on one side of the banner in rows of 3, 2, 3...the owner stopped the emp and the customer was coming within the hour to pick up the banner so they attached slightly oversized printed banner material printed as basketballs and then added them on the other side. granted this was for a one day event and indoor application but it worked.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We patch them all the time, just print the patches on regular gloss vinyl (assuming gloss banners), and use the same profile you used when you printed the banners - almost unnoticeable. Especially when the banners are viewed from 10' away.

This comes in real handy when the charity event you donated a banner to has another event and wants another banner.