• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banner printing smaller?

Signed Out

Recently when printing banners they come up short. a 10' banner will print about .5-1" shorter than it should. Smaller banners still come up short but not as much. This problem doesn't seem to be happening with vinyl so i'm confused. did a feed calibration but didn't fix the problem. printing with a roland xj540. Any thoughts?

sfr table hockey

You might be able to calculate the % you need to add for banners to print the right length in the rip. Example: if for a 10 foot banner (120 inches) you are 1/2" short this would be ( .5 divide by 120 = .004166 )

As long as in your rip that you use you can see the width and height % you can take the next job you do and for the length only make it 100% plus the .4166 so it will read 100.4166 (or round off where needed like 100.42)

What happens is the thickness of the banner stock changes the feed rate and the longer the banner the more it is out but you should notice the % that it is out is the same. Check that first on your smaller banner compared to the larger.

Hard part is remembering to do that for all your banners in that banner weight.

Other wise I think you would have to do a feed calibration every time you changed media. I keep mine set for vinyl and not worry about banners and when I do I add the %. Same thing happens on Canvas and photo paper, feed is not the same.